11.3.16

Birthday Party and Shopping in India| Travel Thursday

December 16th

            I woke up super late at around 11 am. I had a sleepover with my cousin and we ended up talking all night. I came home had breakfast and helped my grandma a bit. I spend all day at home just in Pajamas. Mom and Grandma (Aie) cooked lunch. In the evening we all got dressed up for Eden’s 1st birthday party. I absolutely love this baby girl. I get to see her every six months. I love to see her growing from a baby to a toddler. Her birthday party was amazing I didn’t get a good picture with Eden. She wasn’t happy being around such large crowd. I meet Cynthia and Lizelle. Cynthia was super annoying as usual joking she was fun and I love hanging out with her! I got to hang out and meet Lizelle after a very long time. We three planned to hangout in the upcoming days and guess what it never happened. I did get to see them once or twice but it was rush. The food at the birthday party was very good; it was my first Indian party meal after a very long time. It made me super excited and got me looking forward to the upcoming wedding food. I also had my first pani puri and it was amazing.
 I absolutely loved my look for the night. I wore a black dress with pink pineapples on it; I mean do I need to say more. My dress is from H&M I had to wear stockings under the dress because wearing a short dress isn’t allowed in India. Even though, I thought it was pretty good length. I paired it with this edge socking’s I love how they add-on to this simple dress. I wore a black and gold chain sling bag and my super cool looking heels matched so well with it. I wore delicate gold chain necklace and pair of gold studs to balance the edge from the gold and black bag & High heels. My makeup was super simple with winked eye liner which Cynthia did for me. I randomly curled parts of my hair to give it an effortless look. 






















December 17th

            Today was a huge shopping day. I was super pumped to go out and check out the new collections in the stores. I had a nice breakfast then got ready. One of my school friend stopped by to meet me it was great catching up. I was in a rush and had to leave for shopping. I went to a store to buy saree for mom and lehenga for me. I knew exactly what I was looking for but the shopkeeper’s started off by showing the clothes they wanted too and they didn’t stop until we said no for a hundred times they don’t show what we ask for. Let me know in the comments down below if you feel the same way. I was super annoyed by that I missed shopping alone and looking for what I want and not have to ask others for help. I didn’t see any major changes in the saree patterns they all basically looked the same to me. Later on, I spotted a red and gold lehenga which was hanged up on a window as it was one of their newest designer piece. I felt in love with the color right away. I wanted to try it on but for some reason they still kept on showing me other lehengas. Red was the theme for my cousin’s wedding so my mom insisted them to show that very piece. I got to try it and I absolutely loved it. I was sure I wanted to buy it. The shop keepers later on said that I had a great choice this one of the best dress as it was showcased on the window. They also wished me good luck studying and told me to come back to their store whenever I visit India again which was super nice of them.  I was happy with my purchase but I have to say Indian outfits are so expensive especially when you are just going to wear it once for few hours. I went out for lunch I had a veg meal it was amazing. I long ride home and somehow the rest of the evening I was home alone. Everyone just decided to keep me home along with the ghosts but the good news is that I survived. Everyone went to pick up my cousins from the airport I was excited to meet them. Once again didn’t get enough sleep as I woke up in middle of the night when cousins reached home. I was very happy to see them and wait until next Thursday because we went crazy all day.














Click below to view India trip Travel Thursday series
India Trip day one
First week of my India Trip
Dad's birthday, sunset and beach walk

2 comments:

  1. Jas, no one's not allowed to wear short dresses in India. All can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mich in Mumbai its okay not in our village sadly but, I did wear short dresses after a while.

      Delete