11.2.16

India trip day one | Travel Thursday


          For the last three and half years, I have been looking forward to this trip. My first trip back home. I got my tickets back in summer and I wanted time to go by fast and see everyone. I started my countdown around the 100 day mark but as the days came closer it was a rush. Packing became very hectic because I wasn’t sure what to bring for everyone. Lots of shopping in November along with finals preparations, Thanksgiving parties, family photo shoot, and early birthday parties. I didn’t get a moment to breathe and think it through.

Birthday pancakes
Brunch after finals strawberries and banana pancakes. (The manager paid for my coffee as it was birthday how sweet!)
Early birthday cake from Dad
Family party
Birthday Cake made by my aunt
On 9th of December we left Detroit and started our super long journey to India. We had a halt in Pairs for 3 hours and our flight was delayed for half hour but we had good Wi-Fi so that’s when I posted about my surprise visit. I was very excited and was going through a lot of emotions. I can’t sleep on a plane, which sucks for really long flights, but I kept myself busy by looking out the window and watching movies. The view from the plane was unbelievable. The sheet of cloud looked like big soft marshmallows. It’s crazy how everything seems so small and irrelevant from up there. I was super exhausted at the very end and all that I wanted to do was sleep. While landing in Mumbai I looked at the city lights. I remembered the 15 years old me excited to go live in the country that I had always dreamed off. Leaving behind my birthplace most importantly family and friends.  I realized so much has changed since then. After we landed I couldn’t wait to see my family. I was so close yet so far. After 4 hours of waiting in immigration. We got out and met our family. It was the best feeling ever! I had pictured this moment in my head forever. It was so surreal. I couldn’t stop smiling, I was home. It was the happiest day ever. I didn’t sleep for a bit just took shower changed and met everyone in my village. It was good to be around family it felt like the old days. Everything around looked a bit different and smaller. My cousins arranged a huge spread for breakfast. Later on, I had an amazing Indian lunch cooked by Grandma. It was a very authentic Indian meal, mostly consisting of rice with a type of curry. My granny makes the best fish curry with
 pomfret. 




Appalachian Mountains 
Dinner
Lunch

Mumbai view while landing
Airport outfit!
Blazer- Forever 21, Top- H&M, Necklace- Macy's Jeans- Hollister, Watch-Micheal Kors,Pearl and rose gold bracelets, Boots- Forever 21
House Blessing party Look!
Top - Aeropostale,Necklace,Skirt and leggings from- Forever 21, Belt- Not sure long ago purchase, Watch- Micheal Kors , Booties- DSW
Met my Baby Cousin Shanaya for the first time.
Surprise birthday from cousins! 
In the evening I visited my uncle’s house, which is about half hour away from my house. I met my baby cousin for the first time. Met mom’s side family and had a great evening with cousins. It felt like I had finally reached home. It’s true what they say, ‘Home is where the heart is.’ They surprised me with a birthday cake. Then we had amazing dinner spread of mostly home cooked Indian food, which I couldn’t eat because I had major headache and I felt sick. I still kept up with the spirit and went to bed late. Next morning my baby cousin woke me very early. Next day, after lunch I went home I met my friends, ate Vada pav, learnt to speak ‘almost’ fluent kadodi and much more. Day two and three will be up next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment